Thursday, March 2, 2017

The Lawnmower Man

LG: Write a recount based on our experiences at camp.
SOS
* Use an interesting beginning to hook in your reader.
* Use a variety of descriptive language features.
* Use interesting and engaging ideas.
* Use paragraphs
* Use past tense
* Sequence ideas

The Lawnmower Man
It was a dark and chilly night at Forest Lakes camp the moon was shining and the stars were glistening, Mr Moore was getting ready to tell us the spooky Lawnmower man story, while I was admiring the beautiful starry sky, the people around me were excited and scared at the same time.

Mr Moore was all ready to tell us the story I could feel shivers going up my spine, the story started off fine just a couple of kids teasing someone about a scar on their face but as the story went on it got worse The lawnmower man (also known as Dennis) was mowing the grass at forest lakes camp when he got distracted by children shouting his name and screaming ‘’SCARFACE!!!!’’, Dennis was so distracted by the children that he didn’t notice that his lawnmower was still on and moving towards him!! But when he realised, it was too late it had already pushed him into the lake behind him, never to be seen again.

Those last 5 words scared me to death but I knew the story was fake it had to be, as Mr Moore was telling us about Dennis’s letter they found in 2011 I heard footsteps… ‘’RRRRRRRRR!!!!!’’ ‘’AHHHHHHH!!!’’ everyone around me screamed by the roaring sound of the chainsaw.



No comments:

Post a Comment